Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Scary girl

Ever see some really cool scrapbook paper but you don't really scrapbook and the elements on the page are too big to use on a card? 
The12 by 12  paper on the left is Authentique Enchanted, it has a wonder stamped look and all these great spiders, webs and lace,not to mention polka dots. the paper on the right is the cutest girl and pumpkins is  Mischievous by My Mind's Eye . As soon as I saw them I thought they were made for each other.

and this result. It's an  8 by 8 canvas base and it currently makes my office happier. :)



I used two sheets of the Mischievous in order to pop up certain elements. I cut out the girl, her hair and all 3 pumpkins from page one and the belt, shoes and hat and hair from page 2. Using Tim Holtz's distress ink in wild honey I stamped random images on the faces of the pumpkins then using black soot distress ink I stamped all the hats. I cut the smallest pumpkin off straight below the hat to make the pumpkin bucket. I inked all the pumpkins, hair and hats with corresponding ink around the edges to give some dimension. I poked small holes in the bucket and used a small piece of black wire for the handle. I threaded the belt piece thru a small metal buckle and glued it on to the girl  using Glossy accents as glue (this works great, and dries quickly). I layered the hat/hair and boots directly over the same elements.
Because I wanted a distress look to the canvas, I did not gesso it first, but painted directly on the canvas with black acrylic paint. After it dried, I sanded out the edges and then used wild honey distress ink to tone down and "dirty" up the canvas a bit.
Look back at the Authentique paper, I could've used either corner but I really liked the spider web and little spider hanging down. The background was cut to7.5 by 7.5 inches before the edges were distressed with the black soot and wild honey inks. I glued the paper to the dry canvas.
I used foam tape on the girl, one pumpkin with a hat and the pumpkin bucket to give them a little emphasis. The other pumpkin was glued straight to the background. Using glossy accents I highlighted the her hat, boots, the faces on the pumpkins and the cute little spider. She got a nice pair of button eyes and a stamped sentiment.
Hope this inspires you to look at scrapbook paper in new ways. ttfn.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chica! LOVE the way you used these two papers together! You add so many special details and dimension, too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete