Saturday, October 8, 2011

First Post Ever!

Welcome to my blog. I've started this blog with much encouragement and real help from my friend Jill Foster, blogger, designer, teacher and paper crafter extraordinaire. She recently featured several of my cards on her own blog at http://stampinginspiredby.blogspot.com/  Thank you Jill for all your words of encouragement and thank you to all the wonderful women of your blog who took the time to write such wonderful and positive comments.

I would also like to thank 3 of my other friends who also encouraged me, put up with me when I get excited about some project or weird piece of ephermera that I just know would be perfect for something and help me ALL the time. Jill Nelson, who turned me on to stamping over 20 years ago (she's put up with me the longest :) ), Lisa Nickle, who lets me play with her stuff, helps support my craft habit and helped me create this blog and Barb Dunlop, cousin multiple times removed who has such an infectious positive attitude and the enthusiasm of a new crafter.

Now for the good stuff. One of my favorite techniques that I have learned from Jill F, is a tone on tone background..
All paper used starts out as white. the color all comes from TH Distress Inks.  I created the background using Black Soot as an overall base, the ink is applied using one TH's handles and a foam pad, don't worry if the layer isn't completely even, once you stamp, the variations become part of the overall design.I used damask background stamp inked with the same black ink and stamped it over the entire background. You can use any stamp as the background, just cover the entire card. This is the perfect way to make a matching background for any color combination.


See you soon, Peggy

9 comments:

  1. Congrats Peggy. Delighted you started a blog. Welcome to blogland, hope you have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, welcome to the world of blogging..so pleased that Jill encouraged you to join in our fun little world...loved your week with Jill, looking forward to seeing many more wonderful creations from you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you started a blog Penny! I really loved your work on Jills blog and now I feel privileged that I can come straight here! All the best and please keep the awesome creations flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere! I bought the ink applicator and pads years ago, and finally tried them out last week — I can't believe how much I'm loving the results!

    Your project is beautiful, and it's gotten my wheels turning with ideas — thanks so much for providing a welcome dose of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Peggy! I enjoyed seeing your work featured on Jill's blog and I am excited that we will be able to see more of your creativeness here on "Paper Girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blogging world! :) Loved seeing your work on Jill's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work and welcome to the world of blogging.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Peggy. You've done so much with that bird cage I think I need to get one. Beautiful!!! Hugs Connie

    ReplyDelete